Courses at Linnels Farm
- Payment will be required at the time of booking by credit or debit card.
- When booking a place, please notify us of any food intolerances or allergies we need to be aware of when preparing your lunch. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that food is nut free since it is not prepared in a nut free environment.
- If you have a medical condition that might affect your ability to take part or follow instructions, please let us know so we can adapt the course to suit your requirements.
- Linnels Farm is accessible directly from the parking area but, if you have any queries about access, we would be happy to help.
- For your safety, we recommend you always follow your course tutor’s instructions, particularly when using sharp tools. We recommend sensible footwear since you may get muddy.
- Students must be over 17 years unless otherwise stated in the course calendar.
- Please note that smoking is not permitted on-site.
- By agreeing to the booking conditions, you give permission for Linnels Farm to use any feedback or photographs from the course in future publicity.
Cancellation and Course Transfer Policy
Please contact us by telephone if you need to cancel or transfer your course. Linnels Farm is not liable for any losses incurred if you have to cancel or transfer your booking for any reason. Whilst we will make every effort to fill your place this is not always possible at short notice; the more notice you give us the better.
At least 14 days’ notice
- A full refund less an administration fee of £10 per person.
Between 2 &14 days’ notice:
- If we are able to fill your place, you will receive a full refund, less an administration fee of £10 per person.
- If we are unable to fill your place, you will receive a 50% refund, less an administration fee of £10 per person.
Less than 48 hours’ notice:
- No refund will be available.
Course Transfers – subject to availability
Although unlikely, we do reserve the right to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond our control. If this occurs, we will provide a free transfer to another course of your choice, or alternatively we will provide a full refund.
Shop at Linnels Farm
- We endeavour to ensure that all information on our website, including descriptions of products, is as accurate as possible; however if you find a mistake please let us know as soon as possible so we can rectify it.
- Pictures and images on our website are representative of the products but do remember for plants, and also for cooked produce that we show, an essential ingredient is the care that the provider gives; look after plants and they will be as healthy as the climate allows.
- All products are subject to availability and if we are not able to supply your order we will let you know by return.
- If are unable to supply your order, we will offer a full refund but we cannot be liable for any losses you may sustain as a result of this.
- You can only purchase from our shop if you are aged 18 or over and a resident of the United Kingdom; in order for us to keep in contact with you, you will need an active email address and telephone number.
- After you have placed an order we will send you an order acknowledgement; this will detail products ordered and the total order value and is also a certified invoice for your records.
- Should we be unable to fulfil your order we will notify you in the order acknowledgment.
- Acceptance of your order will take place when we despatch the product(s) to you. Until we despatch the product(s), no contract will have been formed between us.
- Although we hope to be able to supply all products ordered, we reserve the right, at our discretion and without the need to give reasons, not to accept any offer at any time. If we refuse your order we will let you know as soon as reasonably possible.
- You can pay with all major credit and debit cards.
- We will take payment from your card at the time you place your order. Taking payment does not mean we have accepted your order and if for any reason we are unable to accept your order we will provide you with a full refund within 14 days.
- All prices shown are inclusive of tax but do not include the delivery charge which will added to your total order
- If we discover an error in our pricing we will inform you as soon as possible and you will then be given the option of cancelling or re-confirming your order at the correct price.
- If, for any reason, we are unable to contact you using the contact details you have provided we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.
- We will dispatch all items in stock within 3 working days, for items not in stock we will make you aware of the delivery date. Please note for items such as flower bulbs where we offer an ‘early order discount’, delivery is later in year (September onwards) as the bulbs become available, if you have any questions regarding delivery please contact us directly.
- If you have a particular required delivery date and time please make us aware at the time of ordering and we will endeavour to seek to meet this.
- We will not be responsible for any losses (including loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, for any injury to your reputation) incurred due to a delay in delivery arising out of any cause beyond our control.
- For certain items there maybe delivery restrictions, perishable plants being an example, this does include bulbs!
- If you receive any items that are damaged pleased notify us immediately and we will endeavour to resolve the matter.
- Where goods are returned due to fault, provided they are returned in the new condition then a full refund will be provided. A refund may be refused, or the value of the refund reduced if the product(s) are not in their original condition.
We will make any refund due to you as soon as possible and within the following timelines:
- If you cancel before we have dispatched you will receive a full refund less a £10 administration fee and less any delivery committed cost we have incurred
- If you are returning goods a refund, if the product is faulty but returned in as new condition, will be made within 14 days of us receiving the returned item(s).
You will be refunded to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase.
Accommodation Booking for Linnels Barns
The contract and booking is between the Owners: Simon & Karen Phillips; and the guest.
The agreement is made on the basis that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
A required deposit payment of 30% of the rent is required to confirm your booking. The contract is subject to these Booking Terms and Conditions. Once you have received confirmation, you are liable for the balance of the rent and this must be paid 8 weeks (58 days) before the date of the commencement of the holiday. For all credit and debit card payments you will be sent an email with a link our secure payment page – where you will be able to pay your final balance. Your 30% booking deposit is non-refundable and will be lost if you fail to pay the balance on time.
Your holiday will commence and terminate at the time stated in your final booking confirmation notification and you must vacate the holiday property at the stated times.
The maximum number of persons allowed at Linnels Barns is clearly stated in the property details and must not be exceeded. In the event that the maximum number is exceeded without our prior consent, we will have the right to revoke the booking without refund or any further liability. You are also not allowed to use Linnels Barns for any illegal or commercial purposes. Bookings can only be accepted from persons over 18 years of age, group bookings of single sex parties are not allowed unless by prior written agreement.
You are obliged to keep the accommodation and all furnishings, fixtures, fittings and effects, in the same state of cleanliness, repair and condition as they were at the start of the holiday. If we are dissatisfied with the condition of the property, furnishings, fittings, fixtures and/or effects, you shall reimburse us for any and all costs, expenses and fees incurred by us in remedying such default. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke the booking where this clause is not complied with and we may immediately on discovering such breach terminate your licence to use the property without refund. You must ensure that nothing happens which may be a nuisance or inconvenience to occupiers of neighbouring or adjoining properties or adversely affect any insurance of the property.
You will be issued with a set of keys for the Barn. You must leave the keys when you leave. If you lose a key, we will replace it but you will be expected to pay reasonable costs to have a replacement cut.
We allow one dog per property but only on the basis that the dog is declared at the time of the booking; no other pets are permitted. There is a surcharge of £20 per dog, with a maximum of 1 dog per property. You must not leave dogs unattended in the properties or outside. They are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture. NB: No bitches in season or other pets are allowed. Please keep your dogs under control at all times; there are usually sheep in the bottom meadow so please do not allow your dog to chase them. The walk by the river is fenced off so is a good place to let dogs run and swim freely. We have very friendly poultry – ducks, geese and chickens that wander freely around the farm. Please note that any ‘accidents’ will result in a £20 per bird replacement fee and the market value for any injured sheep. Dog fouling anywhere apart from the meadows and river must be cleared up and disposed of in the bin provided.
We cannot give warranty or undertaking to you or any member of your party that the property is suitable for sufferers of pet related allergies.
Right of Entry
You will permit ourselves or workmen, at reasonable times and on reasonable notice, to enter and inspect and, if necessary, to repair the property or to enter the property without notice in an emergency to repair the property or adjoining premises.
We take every care to ensure the accuracy, both written and verbal, of the barns/area details.
Rural Wi-Fi services can be intermittent and speeds are often significantly slower than those suitable for streaming. Wi-Fi cannot be guaranteed in the event of a breakdown during your stay and there will be no liability if the service is not available at any time for any period.
Smoking is not permitted inside Linnels Barns.
Communication and Data control
All communication will be held between the guest and the owner unless specifically permitted otherwise by both parties; the only exception to this is the duration of the stay will be shared with our holiday booking agency, this is required to ensure bookings aren’t duplicated, the agency will simply receive notification of an “owner booking” not the name and address of the guest.
We cannot accept liability for happenings outside of our reasonable control, such as temporary invasion of pests, neighbouring building works, and damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions.
Linnels Farm courses
Please note we run day courses in gardening, cookery and rural crafts from the renovated dairy; please check the website for current dates and details and you are welcome to book on, subject to availability.
Access & Use of the land at Linnels Farm
There are 20 acres or woodland, meadows, and river for you to explore at Linnels Farm. Please take care of yourselves and any dogs you bring – it was a working farm so, as such, there is sometimes buried fence wire in the fields and often barbed wire on field boundaries. We have beehives in a fenced off area in the front meadow and two very friendly goats. Please make sure all gates are closed after use.
Please take particular care with young children near the pond, streams and river: Devils Water. We are not liable for any hazards on uneven ground here on the farm. The only areas that are designated private and for the sole use of the family, and for customers attending workshop courses, are located behind the farmhouse and include the courtyard in front of the workshop. The Green Metal barns are private and out of bounds due to hazards resulting from the tools and equipment stored in there.
Vehicles are parked and left at the holiday property entirely at your own risk.
If problems do occur for whatever reason this should be reported immediately to us and we will endeavour to help. Complaints which are not reported immediately will not be entertained subsequently, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, pandemics, acts of any government or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines, ferries or any event outside of our control.
Unavailability of Property
In the event that the property becomes unavailable for rent, such as fire or flooding, all monies paid will be reimbursed, the owners are however unable to pay any compensation or expenses arsing from such an event. Unavailability of the property for the avoidance of doubt includes any movement restriction or lockdown, such as occurred under Covid-19, associated with the property address.
Depending on your reason for cancellation, you may receive a refund of all money you have paid to us for your booking (apart from credit card charges you have already paid). The conditions for receiving a refund as listed above only apply if the cancellation applies to all members of your party and all prices are for the entire property not on a ‘per person’ basis and if we are able to re-let the property we will endeavour to give you a refund excluding booking fee costs and credit card charges.
Please ensure you make food shopping delivery times when you are at the property. We cannot accept deliveries for you, unless by prior arrangement.
Kitchen must be left in the same condition as when arrived. No washing up to be left and the dishwasher must be emptied.